Personal Rapid Transit

Personal Rapid Transit is the name given to a technology that gives us the first new form of transport in a century.

This campaign is to establish a fair trial system within 5 years.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

About this blog

I've noticed that there is one blog which has a distinctively anti-PRT feel to it and I thought I would have a go at writing a more even handed one. This isn't to say I am 'fan' of PRT quite the reverse.

There are 80+ proposed PRT systems which cover the full spectrum from poorly considered through to 'ready to go'. I only personally approve of some of them. Some systems are proposed by designers and artists others have a strong engineering background. That is to say some are more workable than others. To be a PRT systems are PRT systems by dent of overlap between them.

To explain PRT is a word like CAR or BUS or Website. While one make of Car/Bus/Website might be fantastic ANY car may be either a pipe dream or a con scheme. Someone may extort money from you on one website but this doesn't mean that ALL websites or are evil and the internet is just a 'scam'. One car might have a technical fault or deficiency but this does not mean that EVERY car of EVERY design has the same fault.

This blog is an attempt to make a journal of the PRT community. I will post some of my own personal opinions but will endeavor to make sure you can tell opinion from fact.

check the other posts for some information about my background so you can make your own judgement on my bias.

For a link to the mother or all PRT websites click here

PRT home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home